One Of Sussex’s Best Kept Secrets
Tucked away at the foot of Devils Dyke just to the North of Brighton, the Shepherd and Dog provides an idyllic location. Enjoy traditional Ales, outstanding food, an easy going atmosphere that turns visitors into regulars. We also have a well deserved reputations as one of the finest walker and dog friendly pubs in Sussex.
A Charming Blend of Old and New
The pub traces it’s history back to the 18th Century and retains the ramshackle charm of the original cottages that make up the building. The service and fare, however, are the very best modern hospitality has to offer. We are open all year round and offer:
- Traditional and Contemporary food.
- A broad selection of ales and beers.
- Outdoor Dining area with stunning views of the South Downs
- Outdoor Bar and Entertainments for those lazy summer afternoons and evenings.
- Events management for that extra special party or occasion.
- An ideal stop-off as one of the best hiker and dog friendly pubs in Sussex.
FoodOutstanding Food and Cuisine Cooked with Locally Sourced Produce.
DrinkFine Wines, Real Ales, Theme Beers and a Garden Bar For Those Long Evenings and Occasions.
Learn More Beer & Ale Specials
Local WalksThe Ideal Base and Watering Hole for Dog Walking and Hikers. Walks and Hikes From the Pub to Build Up a Thirst and an Appetite.