The Sussex Country Pub of Distinction
Tucked away at the foot of Devils Dyke just to the North of Brighton, the Shepherd and Dog provides an idyllic location for traditional ales, outstanding food and an easy going atmosphere that turns visitors into regulars.
A Charming Blend of Old and New
The pub traces it’s history back to the 14th Century and retains the ramshackle charm of the original cottages that make up the building, but the service and fare are the very best modern hospitality has to offer. We are open all year round and offer:
- Traditional and Contemporary food.
- A broad selection of ales and craft beers.
- Outdoor Dining area with stunning views of the South Downs
- Outdoor Bar and Entertainments for those lazy summer afternoons and evenings.
- Walker and Dog Friendly Bar and Garden.